Thursday, December 27, 2007

Knitting Lately

I've been knitting far more often than I've been sewing! It's a portable craft so I can knit while I'm waiting for the kids at dance class or while watching TV. The only down side is that my carpel tunnel has been flaring up big time. I haven't had to do the daily ibuprofen regimen or wear my braces for almost 3 years, but I'm back to that now. Anyway... on to the squishy stuff!

I made some LTK pilot hats for a friend's baby. The sizing on her patterns never really works for me (I knit pretty tight), so I made 2 sizes just in case and have no idea if either will fit. I used Knitpicks Swish Superwash and would definitely buy this yarn again... very nice!
DSC_27192007-12-27
DSC_27202007-12-27

Next it was a scarf for my good friend Diann. We were at our staff Christmas party looking at another teacher's scarf and she mentioned that she wanted a handmade scarf. I'm hoping to see her this week so I can gift it to her! Wavy pattern from Knitty.com in
Lambs Pride Superwash Peacock colorway.
DSC_27122007-12-27

I have two more projects on the needles for me :)

Palindrome scarf in Paton's SWS Stripes, Natural Pink colorway. This yarn is so incredibly soft and pretty!
DSC_27162007-12-27


Jaywalker scarf
in Knitcol Adriafil, which is a very cool self-striping yarn. Superwash too so it's easy care. I had to modify the pattern just a tad because hers wasn't working for me for some unknown reason.
DSC_27132007-12-27

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home