Thursday, March 20, 2008

A New Addition & A Little Clean Up

I'd like to introduce you to the newest addition to my sewing set up.
100_4068
Isn't she lovely?! I've been wanting a coverhem for a while now and so I had to snap one up when the price recently dropped! I'm looking forward to learning how to use her!

Before I allowed myself to sit down and get to know my new machine, I made myself get the sewing room into order. My fabric shelves were getting unruly again, so I decided to ruler fold everything. Here's a neater version of what it looked like before I started...
DSC_0188
Getting started...
DSC_30482008-03-19
and all finished!
100_4064
Ok, well, it's not completely finished. I mean, the fabric is all folded and put away, but I still need to figure out how to organize and store my yarn. I'm thinking a wide 2-drawer Rubbermaid thing will probably do the trick. Eventually, I think I'd like to replace my plastic shelving with some chrome shelving, but that will have to wait for a little while until some other reno projects around the house are finished.

So now that that is all out of the way, I need to order new curtains. Jay wanted to install French doors to separate the (empty) living room from the craft room, but I suggested hanging curtains instead. It'll be less expensive, no doubt and I think will do just as good of a job. It's also a good excuse to get rid of the current ugliness that's hanging on the curtain rods right now... blech!

A few words about ruler folding. My eyes say it's a thing of beauty, my back would thoroughly disagree! I was more than a little doubtful that it would work for my thicker fabrics (fleece, sherpa, terry, etc), but the folds weren't nearly as bulky as I thought they would be and they did take up less space than I thought they would.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home